Peel Region GPS Cycling Study
The Region of Peel has various programs and strategies in place to encourage and support active transportation in the Region, including the 2012 Peel Region Active Transportation Plan. As part of that plan, and in order to accommodate current cycling activity and prioritize future cycling investments, the Region of Peel, with support from the City of Mississauga, the City of Brampton and the Town of Caledon, partnered with the University of Waterloo’s Waterloo Public Transportation Initiative (WPTI) to collect data on cyclist behaviour and patterns.
The Region of Peel and partner municipalities will use these information sources to further analyze, assess and prioritize investments and policy changes, where appropriate, to continue to enhance cycling throughout Peel Region.
For more information on the study, please click on the following links to download the components of the final study.
- Executive Summary (PDF 653KB)
- GPS Cycling Study Final Report (PDF 2.3MB)
- Appendix 1 Full Survey (PDF 221KB)
- Appendix 2 GPS User Guide (PDF 298KB)
- Appendix 3 Study Fact Sheet (PDF 115KB)
- Presentation to Regional Council (PDF 705KB)
- Video of Presentation to Regional Council (skip to 48:15 mark)
- Cycling Behaviour (PDF 2.37MB)
- Participants’ Cycling Routes (PDF 2.03MB)
- Hazards Identified (PDF 1.58MB)
Special Notes from the Project Team
We would like to thank you, the members of the public, and the stakeholders who gave their time and effort in the development of this study.